DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   S&Q motion with Transcent class 10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/481483-s-q-motion-transcent-class-10-a.html)

Luben Izov July 6th, 2010 06:24 PM

S&Q motion with Transcend class 10

Does anyone know if Transcend 16GB class 10 is good for Q&S motion with EX3?
16GB SDHC CARD (SD 3.0 SPD Class 10)
Thank you

Luben Izov July 7th, 2010 11:28 AM

Anyone that has used Transcend class 10 for S & Q motion? I am wiling to buy it, but not sure if would do the job with EX 3 or any other EX.
Thank you

Piotr Wozniacki July 7th, 2010 12:01 PM

Luben,

I'd seriously recommend sticking to those SDHC cards that have been tested, approved and recommended by the leading adapters manufacturers - especially MxM Express.

Otherwise, it might be a lottery.

Luben Izov July 7th, 2010 01:56 PM

Thanks Piotr! I just ordered two cards. If does not work for cranking I aways could use it for regular recording with EX3 and/or with my Tascam sound recorder. Cheers

Dave Morrison July 7th, 2010 08:46 PM

Hey, on a related note, has anybody figured out how we lost those two minutes on the 8 gig SxS cards when the last firmware was released? I know others said they too went from 28 minutes of recording time to 26 minutes right after the FW updater. Is it being used in some sort of record buffer configuration?

Colin Rowe July 10th, 2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luben Izov (Post 1546142)
Anyone that has used Transcend class 10 for S & Q motion? I am wiling to buy it, but not sure if would do the job with EX 3 or any other EX.
Thank you

No problem with Transcend class class 10. I have been using 2 for the last couple of months, no problems whatsoever.
EX1 Firmware ver 1.20

Craig Seeman July 10th, 2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Morrison (Post 1546329)
Hey, on a related note, has anybody figured out how we lost those two minutes on the 8 gig SxS cards when the last firmware was released? I know others said they too went from 28 minutes of recording time to 26 minutes right after the FW updater. Is it being used in some sort of record buffer configuration?

Probably a record buffer. It's probably why even "lower quality" SDHC cards now work and many of the faster cards can overcrank as well as SxS cards. By using the card as part of the buffer at alleviates the burden of the write to card speed. The reasons why cards would result in media errors was that the buffer would fill faster, over time, than it could write to the card. In effect the card is being used as a form of virtual memory I suspect.

I have a hunch the issue was either add a small pre-record cache or make the SDHC cards more reliable and the latter won out.

Luben Izov July 11th, 2010 11:41 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rowe (Post 1547151)
No problem with Transcend class class 10. I have been using 2 for the last couple of months, no problems whatsoever.
EX1 Firmware ver 1.20

Thank you Colin. I have them on my way...
Cheers