SDHC Reliability - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #76
Major Player

Just tested the SanDisk 16GB Ultra card (SDSDRH-016G-A11) with firmware 1.20

The EX1 issued a "Media Error" after first few seconds and refused to record. Complete failure with firmware 1.20 Only formats to 54 minutes. But will not record.

This media has the exact same Mfg part number as the Ultra II did which worked flawlessly. I called SanDisk and they insisted that they did not change the card at all internally and that is why they kept the same part number as the Ultra II. They are wrong. Don't buy the card.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM   #77
Inner Circle

John, thanks for heads-up.

Out of curiosity: which make & version of ExpressCard adapters did you test the Ultra cards?
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #78
Major Player

Sorry Piotr. I usually include that with every post. I am still using the Kensington adapters for all my cards. Some feel that those are the issue. I am not so sure, but it should be noted each time someone tests another card.
Again, in this case we are not talking about a "media restore" error. This is a "Media error" which means media "failure". You can't "restore" it and keep recording.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #79
Major Player

I have tested the Patriot LX 32GB SDHC Class 10 card (model PSF32GSDHC10) on my PMW EX1 with Kensington adapter and firmware 1.20

Newegg.com - Patriot LX 32GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card Model PSF32GSDHC10. With the $10 rebate my final cost will be $75. Very inexpensive.

After three times shooting for 112 minutes the card has issued no errors. I even tried to trip an error by pressing record before the green ready light came on. So far so good. Will update if problems occur.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds