anyone using anton bauer qr ex3 accessory at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1
Major Player

anyone using anton bauer qr ex3 accessory

has anyone gotten the qr ex3 accessory that attaches to the ex3 and will hold a dionic 90 battery. if you have does this help offset the front heaviness when using the half shoulder brace on the ex3?
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

I make a simple EX3 shoulder brace system that uses either Gold-mount battery plate or V-mount IDX plate.

This balances the EX3 very nicely and also adds a great deal of strength to the tripod mount. It also comes with an optional wing for mounting wireless mics NanoFlash etc.

And I can also incorporate a VCT-14 quick-mount wedge to the plate.

You can see more on my website:
EX3 Tripod plate kit
Or contact me directly. I am continually developing new and improved products with the help of shooters from all over the world. I am primarily a shooter myself and developed this and other product for myself initially.

Olof@WestsideAV.com
Westside A V Studios WEB Store
Attached Images

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, I have the AB accessory with a dionic 90 .... it fits very well and helps a lot with the overall balance of the camera ..... once mounted, the EX3 feels as if always were designed to use a dionic .... one minor note: take care if you turn "upside down" the camera ... this may cause the qrex3 "slips down" from the camera...the plate fits on the original battery compartment but doesn´t "click" on position ....

overall ... very recommended...
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Major Player

I have it as well. Mine doesn't "click" per se but it stays in place. It is incredible value for the money. I think I paid $135 for it (or thereabouts) and it includes an Anton Bauer gold mount which alone retail for $100 to $125, a built in cable that goes to the EX3 and the ability to attach BEC plates to it which some people use for mount Lectrosonic wireless devices to but I slap industrial grade velcro on the plates so I attach either a nanoflash to it or some other accessories, usually my Sennheiser G2. It also should be noted there is a P-Tap connector (as there usually is) on the side of the Gold Mount plate so you can a powered accessory from it or a Power Tap splitter so you can run a bunch of stuff from it. I keep it in one of bins that I take out on shoots as a just in case device. I use it a lot when I am doing tripod work. If you do a lot of handheld it certainly does help out not only with throwing weight off the back but also towards the grip hand.

If you have Dionics or Hytrons it is a no brainer.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/584274-REG/Anton_Bauer_QR_EX3_QR_EX3_Gold_Mount_for.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/283980-REG/BEC_BEC_ABSPU_ABSPU_Side_Plate_for.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/204182-REG/Anton_Bauer_POWERTAP_MULTI.html
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds