Sony Service - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
Interesting thing I found out recently when I extended the Sony Silver Support on my 2 year old EX3 for another year was that it's a lot more expensive to do this for an EX1 than an EX3 (which was £150 + VAT area, for the record). I'm theorising that this is because the EX3 is more reliable but I have no evidence of that. Certainly it lacks the silly membrane buttons and has a more robust viewfinder support by design.
I don't agree with this theory, Andy - most Sony retailers in the UK have the prices for 1 year SS extension in a similar range. Some are selling cheaper though - I was lucky enough to find one who sold my EX1 Silver Support for GBP 140...
Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM   #17
Major Player

Very Happy

I am also very happy with Sony Service in my area. Today I went to Sony Service in Coquitlam for firmware flash and they did it in less then a 2h with all the cosmetics of cleaning up, tightening shoes and so on. My EX3 had firmware 1.02.0078 and the camera was working just fine without any trouble or Back F. ensues. I got convinced (by Sony Rep.) that I need firmware 1.03/.04/.05 and that 1.10 was optional, but doesn't hurts to have it.
So I did it. They provided me with secure WiFi while the EX3 was served.
I just uploaded all of the settings (from SxS card) I had prior the service and I would step out for a few min to shoot around for a quick test.
What I can say, Thank you Sony in Coquitlam B.C.!
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Snow View Post
Interesting feedback about Sony support's attitude. I would be interested in hearing from anyone about how you were treated in LA.
I felt that Sony LA was very helpful. I made several calls as to repair schedules and information on what they needed before I sent my camera. Once I sent it in they were very professional and responsive. There were no delays on their part and everything went as well as could be expected. I would say that my experience with Sony was far better than I got with Canon's repair service with my XL2. That took two trips down and they never kept any schedule that they set.
Harry Christensen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds