DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   UK new firmware for EX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/486587-uk-new-firmware-ex1.html)

Greg Hawkes October 25th, 2010 05:32 AM

UK new firmware for EX1

Sony emailed me re a free upgrade so my EX1....

Doe anybody think there is any point in my case (read below the Sony message)

We are pleased to bring you the Firmware Version Up software
update for yourPMW-EX1. This update gives you the flexibility
to use the new Sony SxS-1 A series memory cards with your
existing camcorder.

The new SxS-1 A cards offer increased recording times, with
a new 64GB card that provides 200 minutes at 35Mbps. Plus,
increased transfer speeds of 1.2 Gbps, enable you to ingest
32GB of content, in just 6 minutes. So shoot for longer, ingest faster!

I have firmware V1.20 and do not intend usng S X S-1 A cards.
I normally use S X S pro and if I have to Kingston SC cards with the Kingston express 34 adaptor.

John Peterson October 26th, 2010 07:59 AM

Firmware 1.25

Here we go again.

John

Robert Young October 26th, 2010 06:09 PM

If a firmware upgrade seems to be of only marginal value to me personally, I tend to skip it- at least until lots of others have upgraded & report no problems with it.
If it's going to really do something I need done, I'll bite the bullet.

Piotr Wozniacki November 8th, 2010 08:57 AM

Anyone upgraded to the 1.25 yet?

The reason for my question is that - even though I'm not interested in the new SxS-1 compatibility - my camera is still at the 1.11, and I'd like to upgrade. Now with the new 1.25 available, I'm not sure which one to choose :)

- any other changes in 1.25 vs. the 1.20, particularly in the USB interface support?
- safe to upgrade straight from the 1.11, or should the 1.20 be installed first?

TIA

Piotr

Zoran Vincic November 8th, 2010 01:54 PM

I bit the bullet and did the upgrade from 1.20 -> 1.25

nothing to write home about...

Steven Thomas November 8th, 2010 04:39 PM

I upgraded yesterday from 1.11 to 1.25 with no issues. I was using Windows Vista x64.

The only thing I noticed was there is no install program for the firmware uploader.

Just start up the software upload executable with the camera disconnected (USB). Make sure your battery is at 100% and you're plugged in.
Next, plug in the USB cable (to the special USB port under the cover held by a screw (not the normal USB connection). A window appeared asking for permission to install the USB driver. Select OK. Once completed, the software showed the EX1 connected with current 1.11 version and 1.25 upgrade displayed.

Make sure ALL screen saver crap is off and follow the prompts to the end. It will go 50% then ask you to shut off the EX1 for 30 seconds then repower to finish the install.

I did not have an issue with the upgrade, but always remember this is done at your own risk.