SONY CLIP browser preview crashes on PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 19th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

SONY CLIP browser preview crashes on PC

ANYone have this problem? Sony clip browser 2.5 and 2.6 both crash on trying to preview a clip on my PC, NOT a Mac. . . It has never happened before and was a stellar performer until who knows what happened ( Oh the joy of computers) I completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled, rebooted, etc...Same Same. Disk repair..reboot..uninstall,,,.everything that usually works. It will transfer files from one hard drive to another just fine but will not PREVIEW them. Hit preview and the whole program closes down, It doesn't freeze, it just shuts down. Gone. That is the main feature I used this program for, to preview and edit clips.

H e l p
aloha,
Wayne Z
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Trustee

No problem with tgis on my PC, I run XP, Visat, Win 7 & Win 7 (64 bit) ClipBrowser works fine on all systems.

It sounds like you have an application that has a conflict or else you may have a faulty memory module.
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can also drag the clips from the browser right into my Edius Pro editing bins no problem. Clip browser just closes down when previewing.
hmmm
Old November 19th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #4
Trustee

applications will sometimes occupy the top memory register leaving the base memory for other applications etc. This is why I mentioned a possible faulty memory chip. Run a memory checking application and check it out. Do a google search for relevant software.
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Vincent,
memory checked out fine.
mystery preview/play glitch still there.
One of my programs must be messing with it.
z
Old November 24th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #6
Major Player

had a weird crashing issue with OTHER editing type software that used the "overlay" when i replaced the video card to a ATI 4890. stooping overlay was a workaround. because overlay should still be supported on THIS car, i assume it is some driver issues and that i probably need to reinstall the showl freaking system.
anyways it is possible that it could be some sort of video issue also.
for tests, only ONE program can use an overlay at a time, so if you want to see if it is an overlay or not type of problem, steal the overlay with another program. Like a video player, or even the winders media player will work in overlay (as set in advanced options)

then after piddling with that kinda change, try running the video card in "VGA compatablilyt" mode, and see if it crashes then, that might provide some sort of clue to IF or Not the video display device could be effecting it. then go from there with the other 101 possibilities.
Old November 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Regular Crew

follow up

uninstalled a few programs and Clip browser still shuts down so I downloaded the XDCAM 1.0 browser and it works fine.
less features but...I can at least preview the clips.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds