EX1 Service centres in Oz? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 21st, 2010, 07:48 PM   #16
Major Player

Pro HiTech is authorised.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 09:51 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Power View Post
I'm in Sydney and about to take my own EX1 to a mob called Definatech in north western suburb of Seven Hills. They're authorised Sony engineers and the head man Don is helpful: 02 9620 7588.
The guys at Definitech know what they're doing, I got my EX1 firmware updated with them, as well as another service. I recommend them. (NOTE: I'm actually good friends with Don's daughter so I might be a little bias, but they are good and very helpful, take it from Michael)

Did you do a search for Sony's Service centres?
Home : Service Centres : Access Service Information : Support : Sony Australia
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Hello,

sorry for the delayed reply, been out of action for a while and not checking the board.
Update: Contacted Pro Hi-tech - Stuart was very professional and helpful. They are closed for the Xmas break and reopen 10/1/11 - so I'll be sending the camera off to them then to get the service done.

Prices (as of Dec 2010 anyway) : general clean/check/firmware update for approx $159.50 inc gst - an additional $99 to get a full service to the camera - in Stuart's words - "but to be honest if the camera is in relatively good condition it's probably not worth worrying about.". Refreshingly candid.

Neil - sent you a mail regarding the MBPro repairs, let me know if you don't get it for some reason.

Thanks again to all who chimed in here - Serena et al.

Regards,

David.
David Warrilow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds