INFO: Firmware Updates for EX1 and EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Trustee

INFO: Firmware Updates for EX1 and EX3

Here at The U of M Video Studio, we have one EX1 and three Sony EX3s of differing ages.
We just purchased four 64 GIG SxS cards for them which will provide around 220 minutes of record time.
The trouble is, when inserted, the 64G cards only work in the newest EX3 purchased about two months ago.

I went to the Sony website, but that informed me that my cameras need additional ***incremental***
updates before the one you can download from there. "Contact your local Sony dealer".
Well, guess what, our local dealer is not aware of this issue or what to do about it.

Upon further investigation, bexel of Dallas, TX has found that there are 10 updates for the EX1 and 5 for the EX3. More information will be forth coming as bexel engineers get answers.

The short answer is probably to send them in, pay and wait. I am hoping to be able to do this myself and not have to deal with shipping three cameras out and wait for an undetermined amount of time for them to return.

Jacques

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds