XDCAM Browser 1.1 Simple Bug Still Not Fixed. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 27th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM Browser 1.1 Simple Bug Still Not Fixed.

Yesterday i found the new version of XDCAM Browser version 1.1 was available from Sony UK.
Downloaded and installed and try-it again : the Playback button still not work but J-K-L Work.
Also the playback function using the menu option on the menu bar is working well as before.

For reference this is my hardware and workflow in short terms so anybody may try-it:
Mac Pro Dual Quad Core Intel CPU - 16 GB Ram - ATI 5870 HD Graphic Card.
Sony PMW-EX 1 XDCAM EX with the latest firmware 1.20 , all SxS reformated.

Try to copy SxS cards using the old XDCAM EX CLIP BROWSER 2.60 all work perfect.
Try to rewrap using XDCAM TRANSFER 2.12 all work very well as it as allways be.
Try to copy SxS cards using XDCAM BROWSER 1.1 copy work well exept the playback button.

So the new release may fix or add features but cant fix the should be easy to fix playback button.
Mac OS X 10.6.6 and only Final Cut Studio 2009, Logic Studio 2009 and iLife 2009 + Toast 10 installed.
As proud as i can be to support Sony and think this fix should be so simple and keys feedback faster.
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have do playback of a few clips with clip browser version 1.1 and they play at twice the speed But play at normal speed with xdcam ex clip browser 2.6, play also normally in xdcam transfer 2.12.
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm trying to use the new XDcam Browser and wondered how can I choose to make the clip into an mov file and send it to right folder for FCP? With XDcam Xfer this was easy - how to do it with new Browser 1.1?
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:17 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: XDCAM Browser 1.1 Simple Bug Still Not Fixed.

Sony release XDCAM Browser 1.2.1 et all my bugs are now fixed , Thank-you Sony :
Sony of Canada: E-Support
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Trustee

Re: XDCAM Browser 1.1 Simple Bug Still Not Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Beeson View Post
I'm trying to use the new XDcam Browser and wondered how can I choose to make the clip into an mov file and send it to right folder for FCP? With XDcam Xfer this was easy - how to do it with new Browser 1.1?
Sony has a separate clip browser for use on a Mac. You will not get any usable clips out of the PC version of clip browser for use on a Mac. Many don't accept that until they collapse in exhaustion from trying. ;-)
Jim Snow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds