PMW-350 and Sennheiser EK 3041 U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1
New Boot

PMW-350 and Sennheiser EK 3041 U

Hi, I have just bought a PMW-350K and I absolutely love it.

I had a good deal on a Sennheiser EK 3041 U Wireless Receiver, that come without any bottom adapter/connector, so I am in need to get the 15 pin D-Sub adapter to install the EK 3041 U into the Slot-in compartment of my PMW-350K.

I been browsing around and google around quite a bit till now, and I have found that exist 2 models GA 3041-15 (SX) and GA 3041-15 A (IMX).

I can't find, and understand, which is the difference between the 2 of them since even the images of the 2 items are perfectly identical, and I am confuse on which will be the one I have to buy to install on the EK3041U and use with my PMW-350K.

The only understandable difference, I have find so far, is for the price, the "SX" Model is around 90 Euros, the "IMX" Model is around 150 Euros, beside this, I haven't found any technical info or detail of any kind.

BTW, I have done my home work, I have carefully read the manual, but it say nothing about this, it just mention 3 different models of Sony Wireless Receiver which will fit into the Slot-in compartment and nothing else.

Does anyone have the same Wireless Receiver unit and/or can tell me which one to buy?
Thanks a lot.

Danielle
Danny Fracasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: PMW-350 and Sennheiser EK 3041 U

I have been able to talk with Sennheiser Italy and they told me that on SONY XDCAM in order to mount either the EK3041 or EK3241 is in need to buy the GA3041-15 A.

No clear explanation on which is the difference between GA-3041-15 and GA3041-15 A is, but they has been really clear on the one is in need.

So if anyone out there want to use this Wireless receiver on XDCAM, well now you should know which D-Sub adapter you need to get.
Hope this would help.
Ciao

Danielle
Danny Fracasso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds