M&R 32GB SDHC running time off at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Major Player

M&R 32GB SDHC running time off

I recently stuck a couple of Transcend 32GB SDHC cards into an M&R reader then recorded some tests on both an EX1 and EX3. What I noticed was that the cards would read 113 minutes after formatting, but during recording would not accurately display remaining time in the viewfinder. After 113 minutes of recording the viewfinder display said that 102 minutes remained.

The EX3 is running V1.15 firmware which I believe is the latest, so I'm not sure why this is happening. The recordings are OK, just the remaining time display is off.

Anyone else have this problem? These M&R readers are a couple of the very first ones from a few years ago. If it's an already discussed thread can someone direct me to it please.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Re: M&R 32GB SDHC running time off

Were the SDHC cards formatted under the new firmware version before they were used? If not could you repeat format the card and repeat the shoot?
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: M&R 32GB SDHC running time off

I've tried quite a few combinations including recording onto the same cards in an EX1, EX3 and F3 with the same results of inaccurate remaining time in VF.

I've used MxR and Hoodman ExpressCard readers and 16gb Sandisk Class 6 and 32gb Transcend Class 6 SDHC cards - all with the problem.

So I am pretty stumped.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds