Shooting in USA for 25p production - frame rate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Shooting in USA for 25p production - frame rate?

I have searched the archive but cannot find a definitive answer to my question. Will be shooting in laboratories etc with EX1 and need to cut material into a 25p project. What will be the best way to avoid strobing when shooting interviews from room lights and computer centre control room?
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Shooting in USA for 25p production - frame rate?

Using a shutter speed of 1/60 or a multiple of that solves the problem if shooting at 25 fps.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Shooting in USA for 25p production - frame rate?

I have several clients in Ireland and the UK that I shoot for, in NYC and I always use 25P. Any flicker caused by florescent lights or monitors can usually be reduced or eliminated with the camera's clear scan shutter adjustment and you will see the results right in your viewfinder. I rarely have an issue with it.
Chuck Fishbein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds