Sony Mead-MS01 Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony Mead-MS01 Adapter

How reliable are these Sony adapters when used with the prescribed Sony Memory Stick pro-HG Duo 32 GB cars? I just purchased one and would like to know if anyone has had any problems? I do not intend to over-crank, etc. Sony states that they are for "emergency use only" not sure exactly what that might be....they either work or they don't...LOL
Thanks so much!
Craig Hollenback

Last edited by Craig Hollenback; April 7th, 2011 at 02:26 PM.
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sony Mead-MS01 Adapter

The memory sticks are classed as 'consumer media' and are not manufactured to the same quality or tested to the same extent as the 'pro' flash media in the SxS cards. The differences are probably small and many people seem to use memory sticks and SD cards without problems.

My view is that if a client is paying you to do a professional job you should invest in the best media available. I could not live with myself if a job went down because I was trying to cut corners by using memory sticks or SD cards.

For personal projects though I see no reason not to use consume media as long as you realise they will be perhaps slightly less reliable. I'm not sure about the Sony adaptor being a factor - I would imagine it works as intended and the 'weak' link is going to be the media.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds