is USB 3 version of Sony SxS card reader imminent? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Major Player

is USB 3 version of Sony SxS card reader imminent?

Hi all,
I've put off buying a SBAC-US10 for so long that a few more months won't hurt. Do people think it's likely that Sony will be releasing a USB 3 model soon? Or might Sony go right to Thunderbolt?
I'm getting by importing via my ExpressCard slot in my MacBook Pro, but I end up editing on a Mac Pro, so I'd rather import more directly, and so far, it seems to me that the Sony USB-device is the only way to go.
Regards,
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: is USB 3 version of Sony SxS card reader imminent?

Or the Sony PXU-MS240 mobile storage unit which will allow a direct, hot swapable SxS to eSata connection or USB. Expensive way to do it though.
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: is USB 3 version of Sony SxS card reader imminent?

Thanks Alister, but yes... to expensive for me. That's why I'm wondering about the cheaper Sony SxS reader unit. Except that I don't want to spend even $260 (I think that's what it costs) if a faster, USB3 version is just around the corner.
Regards, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds