DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   sony PMW-EX1R/2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/494515-sony-pmw-ex1r-2-a.html)

Robert Bobson April 13th, 2011 06:06 AM

sony PMW-EX1R/2

on B&H website, the SONY EX1R is shown as the "SONY EX1R /2" - any idea what the "/2" indicates? couldn't find anything on the SONY site...

Vincent Oliver April 13th, 2011 06:55 AM

Re: sony PMW-EX1R/2

Two in stock?

David B. Monier-Williams April 13th, 2011 06:20 PM

As my uncle would say, "There's no use being ignorant unless you show it."

Adam Palomer April 13th, 2011 09:50 PM

I thought snide remarks, sarcasm, and name-calling were frowned upon.

Glen Vandermolen April 13th, 2011 10:06 PM

??
I went to the B&H website. It say EX1R, like always.

Vincent Oliver April 13th, 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David B. Monier-Williams (Post 1638610)
As my uncle would say, "There's no use being ignorant unless you show it."

Thanks David,

Welcome to the DVinfo forum, hopefully you will make some good contacts and get some good technical advice.

Here's a starter,
Treat other members with respect.

Russell Heaton April 13th, 2011 11:17 PM

Hi Vincent,

At first I was a bit shocked at David's response but then I found myself wondering whether he was actually making a comment about your signature line? If you read his response in that light, what he said becomes quite innocuous and is somewhat relevant to your sig.

Just a thought.

Russ

Vincent Oliver April 13th, 2011 11:31 PM

Thanks Russell,

I haven't taken offence to David's remarks, I am sure he is a very nice guy deep down.

Maybe I was being just a bit too flippant with my first post.

Steve Game April 14th, 2011 01:56 AM

Interesting here. I looked the EX1R up on the B&H website and it has 2 listings:

1) PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX Full HD Camcorder (without SxS Card) mfr# EX1R/2 price $6299 in stock

and

2) PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX Full HD Camcorder mfr# EX1R price $6299 discontinued

mmmm. Does that mean that Sony have slipped a price increase in by losing the SxS card. That crept in when we weren't watching.

Steve

p.s. Vincent, I think it's a first world thing called irony.

Junior Chan April 14th, 2011 12:29 PM

Hey guys,

Sony included a 16GB SxS card with the PMW-EX1R/1 until they ran out of them, which happened recently.

Same goes with the PMW-EX3, now it has a /3, No SxS card included, since they ran out of them.

I also think SBP-16 are discontinued. My reps can't get them anymore.

Robert Bobson April 14th, 2011 02:19 PM

Sony "ran out" of 16g SXS cards???? or have they stopped making them???

Steve Game April 14th, 2011 02:27 PM

So in effect, Sony have increased the price of the EX1R by keeping the price the same and giving a bit less.

Not what I would have expected so late in the life of the product with no obvious successor to take on the competition.

Steve

Junior Chan April 14th, 2011 03:06 PM

I just got back from NAB. My sony reps and media/ Tape / Distributors are all still in Vegas, can't reach them to confirm again. We couldn't order them since 3 weeks ago.

I think* they are discontinued. You might still find them from retailers and EBAY.

Jim Stamos April 14th, 2011 04:18 PM

Re: sony PMW-EX1R/2/media prices

with regards to the sxs cards, prices have gone up because of demand. the 32gb cards were 560.00 , now 750.00. talked to 3 sony reps, one in media. all said they havent raised their prices.
BH and a few others i talked to said they raised their prices because sony did. /whatever. theyre taking full advantage of this mess in japan and trying to blame sony, which didnt raise theirs.
call it what it is, gouging at our expense.
i went with 2 hoodman adaptors and 32 gb sd cards for less than 1 sony sxs 32gb and have had zero problems.

Steve Game April 14th, 2011 11:53 PM

Its possible that Sony USA or their distributors have either increased the prices they charge retailers, or more likely they have withdrawn any current discount promotions. It means the same to the end buyer, i.e. price rise.

There may be no actual shortage in terms of supply yet, but rumours and panic buying don't help anybody, and can cause local shortages that feed price inflation.

Steve