EX1R clip in premiere cs5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1R clip in premiere cs5

Hello, if I can someone help me with advice,I filmed a concert a few days ago, now I tried to edit it in adobe 5.0.and surprise, when I look at the XDCAM browser video clip real length of 28 minutes, but when I import in adobe import only 13 min
Where is it wrong? before everything was ok when I was EX1, stuck clips automatically when you import in adobe, is a setting on the camera?
Thank you
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: EX1R clip in premiere cs5

Maybe you have imported only the second part of the clip?! With 28 min it should have 2 or 3 parts. If you choose part 01 for importing, Premiere will take all parts. If you started with 02, Premiere will probably take only the rest. You have to start with the mp4 file in the first folder...

What is missing? The start, middle or end?
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Markus, what you say is the true, the file is made up of three linked videos, but when I import in adobe, adobe import only the first part :-)
Is just a folder with a clip of 28 minutes, may need to set the camera Setting the timecode?
Thanks
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I never had such a problem. I don't even know, what timecode setting I do have in my EX1R.

But for the first: you can import the 3 mp4's one by one to get the full show. But I don't know how to solve your importing problem.
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Trustee

I use Premier CS5 and film entire theatre productions - up to one hour in length. I use ClipBrowser to transfer the files to my hard drive and then use the Media Browser in Premier to bring in the entire show, never have any problems doing it this way.
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

So I did and everything worked perfectly until now , I think to uninstall the browser clip
Interestingly windows tabs appear in three clips with the same name but numbered 1,2,3 and the XDCAM browser is only one clip 28 min
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Normally when you import movies sxs card import XDCAM clip browser,Normally when the video camera filming more than make up the 4GB file and finally import the clip browser when you are then automatically merged into a single video clip.
and video files automatically browswrul united, now if I look in the clip sxs card only see a file browser and do not say it is a file from multiple clips video unit.I think the clip browser connects not only longer videos clip show that takes 20 minutes but when I copy them into the computer he joins them into one long movie,
somewhere there is a possibility to set clip spans
Plese help my

Last edited by Docea Marius; April 22nd, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old April 26th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #8
Major Player

Just import the BPAV-folder (yes the complete folder, not just the contents) into Premiere and all clips will be fine.
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks Walter
I managed to solve the problem,I reinstatal entire system from 0.I say were a little messed up codecs

Thanks
Marius
Docea Marius is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds