Wireless Video Transimission at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Wireless Video Transimission

Hello!

I want a cheap solution to send SD video from my camera to a receiver wirelessly. I am going to have my camera on a Steadicam. So, the difficulty is that the camera will be mobile so the RF signal will be defracted all the time. For that purpose I'm looking for a VHF sender solution with 1 Watt Tx power and for a two diversity receiver. Am I into the correct direction?

Thank you in advance,
Ilias Papaioannou
Ilias Papaioannou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Wireless Video Transimission

Might be a solution for you here:

Cube | World's First Camera Top HD Video Encoder Solution
Steve Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas? I don't have the money right now to buy something like this.
Ilias Papaioannou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Is this so the signal can be recorded or just so a director or someone else can monitor the camera wirelessly?
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

If you are looking for a VHF transmitter (54MHz ~ 225MHz), then I'm afraid your options are going to be very limited. I have been interested in a similar set-up myself, but haven't found anything portable in VHF.

If you can settle for UHF (420MHz ~ 700MHz), it will give you a better picture quality, minimal ghosting, better coverage indoors and there are more affordable options available in UHF since it is popular among amateur TV operators (In Greece, as in most countries, your government might require you to obtain a license to be able to broadcast at 1 watt).

Here are some good links for transmitters. Please note that all these transmitters are analog (PAL & NTSC), not HDTV (DVB)

(1) ATV Amateur TV Transmitters

(2) MINI-KITS AMATEUR TELEVISION KITS

(3) VIDEO SENDERS

Link #2 includes TV transmitter amplifiers. So for example, if you manage to find a miniature VHF transmitter that puts out 50mW of power, you can then add a small amplifier which will boost the output to 2, 5 or 10 watts.
Adam Palomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Major Player

You didn't say what your camera is; but this guy makes a wireless transmitter/receiver for DSLR DSLR Wireless Monitors and it's really inexpensive.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds