Sony PMW EX 1R Audio Distortion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony PMW EX 1R Audio Distortion

The last party that I videoed the D.J. was playing super loud. When i took the footage back to the studio to edit it noticed some distortion on some parts of the video. I don't remember if I heard this distortion at the time the D.J. was blasting it. Im not sure if it came from his speakers or clipping of the video cam mic. For that party I used the cameras built in mic with the audio set to auto, and the limiter on. I also had the AGC set to high. Is that the settings I should be using when the D.J. is that loud. Should i of had the AGC set to low? I would hate to do it manually because as you move the sound will be going up and down. What do you guys think....

Michael Armao
Michael Armao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Sony PMW EX 1R Audio Distortion

I never use AGC because I hate noise.

If limiter is on, I think there are not a problem of level peak. Maybe the mic is too much sensitive to correct the super loud sound. I also had same problem before when I shooting on the concert. After I changed the MIc (I don't know the model number, it's a kid mic which came form SONY DSR-250, the cheap mic), everything OK.
Hirata Tomoki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds