RAW s x s card won't eject from clip browser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Major Player

RAW s x s card won't eject from clip browser

Weird issue.

I have several Sony S X S cards and 1 (new) RAW s x s x SDHC adapter and class 10 steel SD card. I normally eject the card from the application before removing it from my Mac Book Pro's express 34 slot. I do this by right clicking the cards icon in the explorer window.
This is the first time I've used the RAW card. I copied the footage OK from the card to my backup drive. However, the eject feature is greyed out. I ultimately had to close Clip Browser and then right click on the cards desktop icon to eject it. It works but obviously not good workflow. Don't want to have to close the program everytime I need to change cards for capture...

Anyone else run into this?

Sony Clip Browser ver 2.6
Mac OS Leopard
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: RAW s x s card won't eject from clip browser

My computer didn't seem to 'like' switching back and forth between real SxS cards and the sd card adapters. I ended up taking the SD cards out of the adapters and using an SD card reader to transfer them -- and the computer seemed to be just fine with that. Of course the real SxS cards transfer a lot faster, but that's to be expected...
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Major Player

This is normal behavior for the app. The eject button or right click eject does not work with SDHC cards. Never has. Quit the app and eject the card, relaunch the app is the approach I take as well... just to be cautious.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Major Player

OK, I guess I missed the chapter about SD cards and clip browser. I've never seen a post regarding this. Kinda sucks, don't know why but I guess I can deal with it considering the cost factor between SD cards and s x s.
thx for the reply
David Morgan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds