3 EX1r's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Major Player

3 EX1r's

I have a buddy who is looking to buy 3 EX1R's, but obviously they are hard to come buy. anyone have a line on a shop selling them right now?
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: 3 EX1r's

disregard. found some.
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Where?

B&H lists the EX1R as no longer available? When are EX1R supplies going to improve?
Jose Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #4
Major Player

BH has it listed as "backordered", not no longer available.

I am hearing that they think 4-6 weeks, but who knows.

As for where, the place I called had exactly three, and the company I was calling on behalf of is gonna buy them here soon, so I can't say where (don't want them to sell them!). BUT call around to some of the many re-sellers in town, I found some pretty easily.
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Major Player

The company I was helping out ended up going a different direction, so if anyone is still looking, Barbara Holler at new pro video had 3 EX1R's, and Omega had 2 in their system. the guy I spoke to said he was going to call me back after he confirmed he actually had those in stock, but I never heard from him.

either way, New pro has them in stock and ready to ship.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Trustee

Why does it seem that everyone usually looks at B&H and not others? I feel lucky to have an Abel Cine near me because they almost always match B&H and others' prices AND I get amazing customer service. The great service alone causes me to buy as much as I can from them even though I sometimes pay a little more than B&H (such as some Diva 401s and CF cards). However, I usually never pay shipping so I end up paying less than B&H.

Not to knock B&H, but I really value SERVICE. How many companies will fix my Sachtler tripods for free AND give me one of their Sachtler tripods to use while mine is getting fixed? This has happened twice now. Who will let you borrow an Arri 3 light fresnel kit for free or an EX1R for a weekend? This is why I love Abel Cine. Kari and Colleen from the Chicago/Oak Brook Abel Cine deserve all the credit.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Major Player

ive been using armatos for years and they are great. plus theyre sony authorized repair center and if i have to send my camera in for something, theyll send me out a loaner of that cam to use til its fixed. who else does that.
prices are always matched from bh
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stamos View Post
ive been using armatos for years and they are great. plus theyre sony authorized repair center and if i have to send my camera in for something, theyll send me out a loaner of that cam to use til its fixed. who else does that.
prices are always matched from bh
This is why we need to support our local dealers rather than blindly buy from online places just because their prices are low.

I'd like to add another experience from my local Abel Cine: I stopped by to pick up something and Kari had at least 10 on-camera monitors shipped in and setup for a customer to evaluate. The shipping alone of all those 7-10" monitors must have been costly, but its that sort of service which makes me a customer for life.

Heck, they even offered to ship in a couple different Steadicam rigs for me to take with me and test. I have wanted a good Steadicam rig but can not afford it; so, I would have felt bad asking them to spend money on shipping even though I couldn't purchase.

Ok.....enough of my ranting and raving. I was in a particular mood yesterday when I wrote my comments. Now, I just need to find someone with a dang EX3 baseplate since Sony's part number refers to the EX1 baseplate even though the EX1 & EX3 have different threaded holes (EX1= 1 threaded & 1 non-threaded; EX3= 2 threaded holes).
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kalle View Post
Why does it seem that everyone usually looks at B&H and not others?
I called them. they were out of stock.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds