green tint wb on ex1r at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Major Player

green tint wb on ex1r

sometimes when im setting my wb theres a major green tint. wb on a white background with my led light and the yellow filter on it. very odd.
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: green tint wb on ex1r

Jim , I once experienced the same with certain settings. I started a trhread about that "white balance in PP different from A/B" at June 6th this year and got the answer from some people who knew what was happening. Please search for this thread, it may have the answer for you too.
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Inner Circle

LED lights do not have a full spectrum output. A white LED bulb is normally constructed using a blue LED with a phosphor coating that absorbs some of the blue and re transmits it as red/green. As the blue LED only produces a very narrow bandwidth of blue light the result is an uneven light source with gaps and holes in the spectrum produces. Our eyes tend to disregard these gaps and holes, but the electronic sensor of a video camera see's these gaps and spikes and the end result is unusual colour casts or peculiar looking colours.
Old September 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Trustee

LED was the red flag that went up for me too upon reading your issue. Instead of yellow filter, try a minus green on the LED. If it's a daylight fixture (which all of mine are) I white balance with a warm card which seems to help a lot.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds