EX1R Firmware 1.20 Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1R Firmware 1.20 Question

Hi Folks, just updated my EX1R to version 1.20. No problems. When I turned the camera on I realized that the clip name is now part of the info shown on my viewfinder, great for logging. Question is how do I turn it off if needed to? Can I place it to the side or bottom of picture? Is there a place on Sony's website that would show where in the menu to find this function?

Thanks
Victor
Victor Matos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: EX1R Firmware 1.20 Question

Ooh, update... there, done.
Indeed, can't find a menu option either.
Andre Bernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #3
New Boot

For the record, I still didn't find. This thing in the middle of the screen is annoying indeed...
So as the only new feature of 1.20 (as per release notes) was the metadata/clip planning feature that is of no use to me, I rolled back to 1.15. It was a good occasion to see if that was possible, and it is!
Andre Bernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I updated our EX1r's at work yesterday to 1.20 and I was able to turn off the clip name shown on the screen. There's an option to do that in the new metadata menu.
Zoran Vincic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Regular Crew

G'day

Where are you guys downloading this firmware update ver 1.20 for PMW-EX1R cameras? I have checked Sony Australia and Sony Canada (can't get onto the US site for some reason) and both those sites have the latest firmware updates as ver 1.20 for the EX1 camera and ver 1.10 for the EX1R camera.

I would be correct in thinking that it would not be good practice to load a firmware update intended for and EX1 into an EX1R, would I not?

Cheers

Russ
Russell Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

here the link

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM EX

After download they will show ver 1.2
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong Dinh View Post
here the link
Sony | Micro Site XDCAM EX
After download they will show ver 1.2
Yes, that is the link to the Sony XD cam "micro site".
But there is NOTHING there to download except a PDF file of the latest release notes.

There is no uploading software (for PC or Mac) to download there.
There are no firmware upgrade files to download there.

WHERE are the files available for download?

REVISION: The EX1R files appear to be present on that website. But the links for the EX1 are incorrect.
There are only two different links to two different file names for the same PDF release notes file, and NO software/firmware files linked for EX1.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Sometimes I just have to scratch my head and wonder about Sony. I cannot access their US site. It simply stalls and then my browser/s (both of them) say that the site cannot be found. I then found the Canada site but the latest version of firmware that it has is 1.10 (EX1R) and we all know that ver 1.15 has been around for ages.

So then I go to the Aussie site and it's the same story as the Canada site. Finally I do a Google for the UK site and after going through a registration process, I can get to a firmware download version 1.20 for my EX1R.

According to this site this firmware update has been available since August 2011, so why is it not available on the Aussie website? Or Canada's for that matter? Not only that, but also, almost every Sony website I visit seems to be steam-powered as they load inordinately slower than you expect contemporary sites to do so.

Anyway, if you're having trouble finding this firmware update, the UK site works and is linked here Sony Support Centre

Cheers

Russ
Russell Heaton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds