DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Lens control on EX3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/502648-lens-control-ex3.html)

Warren Kawamoto November 13th, 2011 08:15 PM

Lens control on EX3

I have the original EX-1, with the 8 pin Fujinon lens control port at the front of the handgrip. Taking a look at the EX-3 pics, I don't see any 8 or 12 pin port on the lens itself. However, I see a port in the back of the camera, next to the BNC TC. Is this the 8 pin Fujinon lens remote control?

Alastair Traill November 13th, 2011 10:51 PM

Re: Lens control on EX3

There is an 8 pin "lens remote" socket on the lower edge of the handgrip.

Warren Kawamoto November 14th, 2011 01:55 AM

Thanks Alastair!

Bill Ward November 15th, 2011 08:43 AM

Any recommendations for lens controllers to fit in that 8-pin socket?

Bob Jackson November 15th, 2011 10:06 PM

Libec ZC-9EX Zoom Control for Sony PMW-EX1 :: Lens Controls :: Lens Accessories :: Lenses & Lens Accessories :: Equipment Sales :: AbelCine
mine works well

Warren Kawamoto November 15th, 2011 11:35 PM

I also have the Libec, but I prefer the Varizoom VZPROF. The Varizoom was designed to work in tandem with the focus cable control for double arm studio applications (focus with your left hand, zoom with your right.) I use just the zoom control and love the robust feel of the thumb rocker. The entire unit fits comfortably in your hand. However, it's much more expensive than the Libec.

Chuck Fishbein November 16th, 2011 10:05 PM

I have used both the Varizoom and the Manfrotto on my EX1 and EX3 and both have worked very well.

Ronnie Martin November 26th, 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto (Post 1697396)
I also have the Libec, but I prefer the Varizoom VZPROF. The Varizoom was designed to work in tandem with the focus cable control for double arm studio applications (focus with your left hand, zoom with your right.) I use just the zoom control and love the robust feel of the thumb rocker. The entire unit fits comfortably in your hand. However, it's much more expensive than the Libec.

I use the same controller. However, lately I have noticed that the ramp up is not the same on zooming out as zooming in. It appears that the "pot" that controls the speed is dirty. After working it back an fourth several times it gets better. Do you know if there is a fix for this. It appears that the controller does not open up easily to get to the pot.

Thanks

Ronnie

Les Wilson November 26th, 2011 05:00 PM

@Ronnie: Varizoom is a US based company with a service department. Give them a call. Even if it has to go in for service, the repairs are reasonable. At least they were for me several years ago.

I use the PG EX for my EX1r.