Yellow color shift on EX3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:57 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Yellow color shift on EX3

Yes, the Vortex cards come complete with white and grey reference cards as well as 4 grades of warm (light blue), 2 grades of cool (yellow) and a green card - (for adding magenta). I would have liked a magenta card too for removing a green cast when shooting on a green field (sports events etc.)

Each two sided card is sealed in a protective plastic sleeve and should last for many years. I have been using the small set of cards for a couple of years and generally get great looking shots. However, you have to be careful when selecting which grade of cool card you use, otherwise you can end up with a shot that is too yellow. Experience and shooting test footage will be your best option in this case.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Vortex Media

Thank you Jerry and Vincent for your recommendation of WarmCards.
I wasn't going to post anything, and I don't mean to derail this thread, but I just need to comment on something that Vincent said.

QUOTE: "I would have liked a magenta card too for removing a green cast when shooting on a green field (sports events etc.)"

A magenta card would not remove green, it would remove magenta, thus making your problem worse. Our "Minus Green" card that already comes with the kit is the one you'd want to use in situations where there is an over abundance of green and the camera's normal white balancing is not compensating for it.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:08 AM   #18
Trustee

Just testing you Doug, you are quite right a Magenta card would increase the green. I'm working too hard and not thinking enough.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds