PMW-EX1 Firmware Need at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #1
Tourist

PMW-EX1 Firmware Need

Hi to all Experts,

I have a PMW-EX1 on firmware v.1.11 I do need to upgrade it to v1.26. i have saw on many site it should upgraded to 1.13_0542 before upgrading to v1.26.... If any body have v1.13 please upload ti for me...

Regards
Dhanushka Chathurangga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: PMW-EX1 Firmware Need

How do we supply the firmware to you when you provide no way to contact you? Have you tried contacting Sony as it IS available from them directly?

I have all the firmware for the PMW-EXx here but it is not something I am willing to host for download.
Les Nagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

Sony : XDCAM & XDCAM EX Software Downloads : United Kingdom

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM EX
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Nagy View Post
How do we supply the firmware to you when you provide no way to contact you? Have you tried contacting Sony as it IS available from them directly?

I have all the firmware for the PMW-EXx here but it is not something I am willing to host for download.
Hello, I am new here and this is my first post.

I am having a really hard time trying to get the updates needed to get my PMW-EX1 updated to the latest firmware. Everything I have read is that I can NOT upgrade from the 1.11 (my current version) directly to the 1.30 version firmware, correct? I have contacted Sony and they just keep sending me directly to the firmware update page that ONLY has the version 1.30 available which I have downloaded. Do you still have any of the previous versions, or know where I can get them so that I can update my camera to the latest version? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. I can be contacted at: ray AT lonepeakproductions DOT com.

Thanks, Ray
Raymond Opheikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Inner Circle

You cannot do it yourself on your current firmware.

Sony is right for your situation to contact them, but they need to perform it. The reason is that the newer firmwares require newer hardware boards to be installed before it will work.

If they direct you to the website again, tell them that you have a really old version of the firmware and that you were advised that the camera must be sent in to Sony to be updated.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds