DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   card wont mount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/507320-card-wont-mount.html)

Robin Probyn April 27th, 2012 12:20 AM

card wont mount

64GB pro SXS wont mount on my MBP 10.6.8.. but 32 does.. XDCAM 422 UDF MXF.. any idea,s!!

Thanks

Luc De Wandel April 27th, 2012 12:42 AM

Re: card wont mount

New driver needed for 64 GB maybe? Take a look here: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-rec...upgrades.shtml

Robin Probyn April 27th, 2012 03:32 AM

Its via the Sony USB card reader.. from the camera direct it mounts.. I have the latest UDF driver.. and SXS device driver.. although that is only for express card anyway.. logically yes it would seem some sort of 64 GB software is missing.. but cant think what it can be..?
I was hoping to check down loading speeds since installing the drivers.. but now the card doesnt mount at all!! they did before but I had these very slow un workable down loads.. so even more weird..

Checked different cards,cables,and card readers.. all fine.. 100% problem is my computer.. I think I,ll bin it and just buy the 17inch.. I need to use it in anger on the 3rd May.. the rental place had never seen this problem.. and it mounted fine on their mac.. which is pretty old.. and actually doesnt have the latest software.. despite Dougs scaldings.. really I think Iam more than a bit unlucky with this whole experience..

If new computer doesnt work.. Iam retiring.. :)

Luc De Wandel April 27th, 2012 03:47 PM

Does it mount via the internal express card reader? Or is this the newer MBP without the reader?

Robin Probyn April 27th, 2012 05:40 PM

Yes mine is a newer MBP and doesnt have the express card slot.But now Iam just out of alternatives with my computer and will buy the 17inch MBP today.. anyway I think I would regardless.. the extra USB is handy and the express slot is the easiest way to deal with these cards I think.. and my MBP does have thunderbolt either..

But if this doesnt work.. I,ll really going to throw my toys out of the pram.. :)

Luc De Wandel April 28th, 2012 04:10 AM

Keep us posted!

Robin Probyn April 28th, 2012 06:06 PM

64GB card wouldnt mount on new computer.. but 32 was fine.. so Iam ok with 32 cards.
So it wasnt my old computer either.Some drive conflict going on.I refuse to believe that I would buy the one and only MBP that doesnt work.. twice !!! new one is 17inch but exp card also doesnt work for 64GB.
So still NG.. and the problem must be with the 64GB card and mac.. Ive tried snow leopard and now Lion..

I saw another post from an Alexa user saying the same thing(also UDF).He was saying the 64GB card would mount.. only when the Sony SXS driver was uninstalled !!! no sense at all..

Wait for better software I guess.

Luc De Wandel April 29th, 2012 01:06 AM

That's not good news. This is the reason why I never change systems that work well. I always wait at least a year to install upgrade of my OS, and even longer to adopt new programs, like Final Cut X. As you point out, waiting for new drivers & software will probably solve your problem. Let us know if it does.

In the meantime, you have a fantastic new laptop, so that should more than ease the pain...

Robin Probyn April 29th, 2012 06:02 AM

Not really as i bought it for the primary reason to use the exp card slot for down loading 64GB cards.. which it won't do.. as long as 32GB works then its not a big deal.. Iam from tape so I guess I naively think if you have the hard ware and the software it will just work.. but seems we are not at that place yet.. a bit like TV,s used to be when I was a kid.. always breaking down.. cars for that matter too.. maybe 15yrs from now computers will be like TV,s now.. plug them in and they work..

Just frustrating only.. nothing that a good cup of tea won't fix..

Thanks again