Hoodman Raw adaptor stopped working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hoodman Raw adaptor stopped working

I have a fairly new Hoodman adaptor which I use in my EX1. It worked fine for a while but one day the camera stopped recognizing it. When I insert the card, there is no card being reported in the slot. My Sony SXS card still works and the Hoodman still works on my MBP. I tried 3 different SD cards in it so I don't think it's the SD card.
If anyone has had this happen and have determined whether it's the adaptor or the camera please let me know.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Hoodman Raw adaptor stopped working

...try to "blow" some clean air into the adapter slot.... I had a similar problem with another adapter brand and that was the solution..... my 2 cents...

regards
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Inner Circle

These adapters have been known to be somewhat flimsy. The problem could potentially be as serious as the entire assembly loosening up too much. I haven't had this problem with the Sony SDHC adapter since it had better construction.

Also, check if you're on the latest firmware. Older firmwares may have bugs running with SDHC. (especially on the EX1)

The latest safe North American firmware for the EX1/R is 1.20. Latest international firmware is 1.30. I'm on 1.30 through a BIN file I found on Sony UK and my EX1R has been smooth sailing for the last while.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

A little embarrassing that I didn't think of doing this in the first place but I guess the fact that it still worked on my Mac through me off a bit. Blew it out and it works now Thanks very much for the fix.

Larry
Larry Kelly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds