Joining clips Using The Clip Browser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1
New Boot

Joining clips Using The Clip Browser

Hi all

I have recently acquired a PMW 320 and having set up the camera to do what I require, I am currently frustrated by my inability to process the clips within the Clip Browser so that they all join together as a single clip.

I have downloaded the instructions and attempted to follow them, but they are rather concise and although I seem to be doing what they advocate, I am obviously missing something vital. I thought perhaps someone on here could point me in the right direction.

Here is what I am doing-

1 Load the clips into the Clip Browser into an explorer window.
2 create another explorer window and create a new folder in which to place the combined clips.
3 Select Combine clips from the top menu which brings up a window as shown in the manual, but not the option to check the boxes of the clips that I wish to combine.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Bob Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Joining clips Using The Clip Browser

Having exchanged conversations with Sony via email and voice, I have now learned that they gave me incorrect advice initially. I should not be using the Clip Browser but the Content Browser.

I am now going to download that program to see if it resolves my issue.
Bob Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: Joining clips Using The Clip Browser

For the benefit of anyone else reading this that has a similar problem to resolve, I downloaded the Content Browser program and opened the clips in there. They were correctly formed ie I filmed 10 clips and 10 were present as thumnails. If you look at them in windows explorer directly there are 14 folders. They have to go into the Content Browser to configure correctly.

The clips have to be exported from the Content browser as MXF files and saved on your hard drive (there are other options if you wish to pay).

They are now ready to use if you have the latest high end editing program. If you do not then some re-encoding is necessary using something like Media Coder.
Bob Keen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds