DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   PMW-EX1R SDI troubles (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/512101-pmw-ex1r-sdi-troubles.html)

Gabor Heeres November 14th, 2012 02:37 PM

PMW-EX1R SDI troubles

Currently I'm havind SDI troubles with my PMW-EX1R. The SDI-out does give an SD signal when the EX1R is in SD mode Though, in HD mode Neither the HD-SDI or the SD-SDI will work. I'm unable to playout HD-recorded material via the SDI output. Though because it works in SD-mode it seems that the hardware or connector itself can't be the problem. What am I missing? Which menu setting do I need to change?

Any help is welcome

Jack Zhang November 14th, 2012 03:34 PM

Re: PMW-EX1R SDI troubles

24PsF could be your problem if you are recording/playing back 24p footage in NTSC mode. Try changing that to 60i just in case you are in "NTSC area" mode.

In all other cases, the EX1R outputs 60i/50i in both HD and SD. What is the EX1R feeding to?

Gabor Heeres November 14th, 2012 03:48 PM

Jack,

Thanks for your reply. We do news stuff so footage is recorded in PAL 1920x1080 50i. Just want to be able to playout pre-recorded footage to a HD SNG (satellite van), at leat in HD but on request also in SD (PAL 720x576 50i). I have tried to connect the EX1R to an HD monitor, that doesn't work, no signal at all. Though, when the whole camera (not just set the output to SD-SDI component) is switched to SD mode (for DVCAM recording) it does show a signal. And that's why I believe it's not the hardware that is broken. So I do think it must be a settings thing..... Any help is appreciated.

Gabor

Jack Zhang November 14th, 2012 04:13 PM

Most likely the fault is on the SNG side, not the EX1R. Can you try to use the HDMI and see if a signal is being fed to that? Do you have any other SDI monitors to see if that can accept the HD-SDI signal?

It could also be the cable. You could try a shorter cable to see if the signal makes it through.

Dustin Moore November 15th, 2012 09:55 PM

There may not be a particular menu setting that is doing it. Try a system reset and see
if the SDI comes back.

Les Wilson November 16th, 2012 06:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Look at the limitations of outputs in th emanual around page 147. SDI and HDMI are mutually exclusive and perhaps you've go the HDMI turned on in HD mode.

Gabor Heeres November 19th, 2012 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Les,

Thank you so much for this. It indeed was the problem that the iLink was activated to HDV and therefore the SDI output didn't give any signal. Once the iLink was disabled it worked immediately. Once more, thank you very much.

Gabor

Jack Zhang November 19th, 2012 06:27 PM

Recording in HQ 1920/25p or 1920/50i cannot be output over the i.Link HDV output. If you are not shooting SP 1440/50i, there is no need for this feature to be on.