50p settings? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 15th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Tourist

50p settings?

Hi. I find two different settings for 50p filming in my pmw-200 settings. It is in the camera menu "system" where i set 50mbps/422/720/50p
And then there is S&Q Motion where i can set on/off and set a frame rate. How do i set these settings?
Niklas Lagstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: 50p settings?

Unless you want to over- or undercrank, leave S&Q motion OFF. The basic frame rate setting is done in the 'system' menu, as you have correctly suggested.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: 50p settings?

S&Q stands for "Slow and Quick", or in film terms "Overcrank and Undercrank" and takes more or fewer frames than "normal" and applies them to the clip to give you slow motion or fast motion using entire frames and not frame blending or interpolation.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds