PMW-200 Headphone monitoring at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Hi,

I just got the PMW 200 and shot an press conference with it and panicked! I couldn't get any audio from the headphone jack to monitor levels! I fidgeted with the menu but couldn't see if there is an 'on-off' function for the headphone. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
__________________
Shuf
www.malaysiakini.tv
Shufiyan Shukur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 590
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufiyan Shukur View Post
Hi,

I just got the PMW 200 and shot an press conference with it and panicked! I couldn't get any audio from the headphone jack to monitor levels! I fidgeted with the menu but couldn't see if there is an 'on-off' function for the headphone. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Did you check for a volume control on the camera body.. dont know that camera but usually there is one.. ?
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,053
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

The volume control is underneath the LCD. By default out of the box, the audio monitor level is muted.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Merritt Island, Florida
Posts: 865
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Shufiyan Shukur...you might want to think about getting Doug Jensen's "Mastering Sony's PMW-200, -160' -150, -100 XDCAM Cameras" training videos. It's available both in DVD package and on-line viewing. I have the DVDs and the amount of information included is extensive. Just a thought.

Best regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
The volume control is underneath the LCD. By default out of the box, the audio monitor level is muted.
Ah OK Jack! Thanks!
__________________
Shuf
www.malaysiakini.tv
Shufiyan Shukur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kuhn View Post
Shufiyan Shukur...you might want to think about getting Doug Jensen's "Mastering Sony's PMW-200, -160' -150, -100 XDCAM Cameras" training videos. It's available both in DVD package and on-line viewing. I have the DVDs and the amount of information included is extensive. Just a thought.

Best regards,

J.
:-) I shall take your advice. Thanks!
__________________
Shuf
www.malaysiakini.tv
Shufiyan Shukur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Merritt Island, Florida
Posts: 865
Re: PMW-200 Headphone monitoring

Shufiyan Shukur...you're welcome.

Best regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Adorama
(800) 223-2500
New York, NY

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Texas Media Systems
(512) 440-1400
Austin, TX

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

VideoGuys
(800) 323-2325
Mineola, NY

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2018 The Digital Video Information Network