ex3 and cs6 clip errors at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1
New Boot

ex3 and cs6 clip errors

the clips are ok in ex3 cam on sxs, when i copy them via sony clip browser or via copy paste explorer some there are random errors in clips, most of teh clips are ok but 1 over 50 +- is corrupt. Wen i play them in cs6 is some frames i see part of other clips.When i remove the clip i see in the corrupt clip the next time i see an peace of other clip! when i delete all the clips exept the corrupt clip then i get e green frame! i did the test with 2 different inten HD, 1 extern HD via sata end 1 extern HD connected via usb . Always same problem. PC is Asus P8H67-M Core i7 3770 Asus ENGTX560 TI DCII 2DI 1GD5
DDR PC10600 4GB 1333Mhz Corsair x 4 ST2000DM001 2TB Coolermaster midi tower atx Elite 330U
Corsair enthousiast series TX850 V2 Sata blu-ray LG BH10LS38 black Icy box IB-168SK-B black
Cardreader TEAC FD-CR8 Logitech keyboard K120 Logitech M115 mouse usb optical black
MS windows 7 home premium sp1 64bits . i hope somebody have a sollutien, thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Herve Van Craeyveld; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: pictures
Herve Van Craeyveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: ex3 and cs6 clip errors

Sounds like a software problem rather than a problem with the clips themselves. I'd try playing the clips in with something else. If they play OK with a different application (clip browser?) or on a different computer then it will be an issue with your software or operating system.
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Is your system overclocked? That could be a reason for corrupted transfers as Windows copies what it can and caches it in memory. If the memory is corrupting the data, that could be a reason.

Also, ensure your HDDs are getting proper ventilation. Overheating HDDs corrupt data as well.

TL; DR, if there's an overclock on your system, immediately go back to stock speeds.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the help, i check it en contact my cpu builder
Herve Van Craeyveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #5
New Boot

the problem was 1 of the 4 memory cards in the PC, i have 16gb of memory (on 4 cards). I did a test to copy the clips with every time 1 x 4gb and with 1 card i have errors in the clips, then i did a memory test on that card and ther also i get errors, so problem solved! Thanks for the info!!
Herve Van Craeyveld is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds