DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   XDCAM ESSENTIALS episode 5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/514224-xdcam-essentials-episode-5-a.html)

Doug Jensen February 10th, 2013 03:06 PM

XDCAM ESSENTIALS episode 5

I am happy to announce that Episode 5 of my "XDCAM Essentials" video series has been released. In case you missed them, here are the titles of the five episodes so far:

Doug Jensen’s Videos on Vimeo

Episode 1: "The New HD422 Handycams"
Episode 2: "Choose the Right Video Format for Your Shoot"
Episode 3: "Benefits of XDCAM Workflow - Part 1"
Episode 4: "Benefits of XDCAM Workflow - Part 2"
Episode 5: "Shooting in the Dark with XDCAM Camcorders"

Chuck Fishbein February 10th, 2013 03:12 PM

Re: XDCAM ESSENTIALS episode 5

If you're considering this camera or one of its close relatives, this is a really worthwhile series to check out and it's free.

Doug Jensen February 10th, 2013 05:50 PM

It seems Chuck is too modest to mention his own "Shoot Like A Pro" series, so I will. There are episodes on Camera Basics, Interview Basics, Audio, and more. It's free, and well worth your time. Good stuff.

VideON | Multi-cam Shoot | Shoot Like A Pro Series

James Kuhn February 12th, 2013 12:19 PM

Doug...I'm really enjoying the 'Essentials'. I especially like you including examples of how to use the 'Slow-Shutter' feature creatively. Your examples certainly opens the door to experimenting with interesting effects.

This is precisely why I like Doug's training videos. He not only addresses the 'subject matter', but he also includes insight and examples on how to use a specific feature of the video camera being discussed. For a neophyte, like me, it doesn't do any good to have some "wiz-bang" feature included on the camera when I have no idea how to use it in a "real world" setting.

Thanks Doug!

Best regards,

J.

Vincent Oliver February 13th, 2013 03:20 AM

Hi Doug,

Your link to the Sony page VideON | Multi-cam Shoot | Shoot Like A Pro Series brings up a "Unable to process Request" message. Is this page only available to US or registered members?

Doug Jensen February 14th, 2013 05:25 PM

Hi Vincent,

That links works just fine for me so I don't know why you can't access it. Maybe you are correct that it is for USA only, but I don't know. That series is Chuck's baby, so maybe he can shed some light.

Chuck Fishbein February 14th, 2013 06:00 PM

I'm sorry it is not working for you. I checked the link myself today and found no issues. I then checked with the Sony VideOn team to see if was in anyway blocked and they insisted that it was not. They are in a bit of transition with their server so it might be the cause. They could only suggest trying to empty your cache.

Vincent Oliver February 15th, 2013 01:16 AM

Just tried the link again today and it is working OK.

Computers, internet, digital files.... they are all miracles of modern technology, but drive you mad when they don't work.

Thanks for posting the series Doug, you must be working 24 hours a day,