EX3 Firmware upgrade - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: EX3 Firmware upgrade

Hi Bo, Sorted the the administrator problem, but how long does the the connection of the usb take? been running for 20mins now and camera screen is still showing connecting!
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Major Player

tried that too - start again. I tried pointing to the inf driver in the 120 package toot - but it seemed not to help much. Where do you have the install package - maybe it's best in the C:/ root. - I had it on the desktop and at 3 or 4 try it started correctly and made the connection to the camera.
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Bo, I made several attempts to connect, the unzipped file is in c drive downloads. The yellow light on the computer flashes as if trying to connect. Have now given up for the day, will sleep on it and try again tomorrow.!!!!
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #19
New Boot

Hi Mick - this may sound like a silly question (and apologies if it does!) but I am presuming that you are connecting the EX3 to the computer via the service USB port (which is hidden beneath the shoulder pad) and not the USB port on the outside of the camera?
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #20
Major Player

That may well be my problem, thanks. Will decide later if to to have another attempt!
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:39 AM   #21
Major Player

Hi Bo and Martin.

Well its taken me 11 months to pluck up courage to have another go. Having been directed to the correct usb port by Martin and Bo's excellent step step instructions the update proceeded smoothly. I gather there may now be a another update to the 1.2 somewhere but I'm sticking to the 1.2. Many thanks to you all.
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds