Anyone cut XDCAM with GH3 footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Anyone cut XDCAM with GH3 footage?

I like the Wifi remote ability of the GH3 as a large sensor POV or beauty shot "B" camera to my EX1R. Anyone cut these cameras? How'd it go?
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Anyone cut XDCAM with GH3 footage?

just a quick test without even trying in camera match, i bet you can easily tell where is what, but just in case Sony is the first one; didn't want to shoot my ugly face but this is where GH3 is obvious winner, skin tones look so much better and very natural.
there is a substantial sensor size difference and 5 years of R&D in between of those two :)

Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi
I Tried to cut between my GH3 and my Sony PMW-350 - There is a lot of difference between the IR sensitivity BUT I tried some years ago to cut between my PMW-350 and my EX3 and there was a big difference in IR sensitivity too. When recording indoor in a lot of tungsten light my PMW350 make black - black- The EX3 and the GH3 make black - brown. Guess I have to buy IR filters for the GH3 the next time I will use them together.
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:28 AM   #4
Major Player

I shot a documentary with an EX1R, an EX3 and a GH2. It was aired on national television in a renowned doc slot here in the Netherlands.
I noticed the difference but no one mentioned anything... A fellow director said he couldn't tell the difference, which I found remarkable. It goes to show that a) people don't notice things unless they know what they're looking for and b) that content and editing are what people notice first and foremost.(and that's the way it should be ;-)
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Trustee

Superb idea for your 100 video and nicely shot.

Zeer Goed!

On another note, I have been using the GH3 for some weeks now and cut between my EX3, Canon XF305 and GH3. No problem
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks, Vincent. Glad your footage is coming together so well...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds