DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Software : PMW-200 : Binary Package V1.20 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/516176-software-pmw-200-binary-package-v1-20-a.html)

David Dwyer April 28th, 2013 02:27 PM

Software : PMW-200 : Binary Package V1.20

Software : PMW-200 : Binary Package V1.20 : Software/Drivers : Sony Professional

Overview

NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:

1.) i.LINK DVCAM Input
Stream signal recording via i.LINK DVCAM input is available.
2.) Adjusting the Brightness of the EVF Screen
The default value of EVF has changed from ±0 to +30.
3.) Selecting AUDIO IN Reference Input Level
The default value of Audio Input has changed from -40 dB to -60 dB.
4.) External Device Connector
A message will be displayed if a USB device which is not supported by this unit has been connected.
5.) Auto Focus
Auto focus performance is improved. Focus instability near the focal point and with a high-luminance background has been reduced.
6.) Auto Knee
Auto Knee performance is improved. Emphasis of white for an object with a high-luminance background has been reduced.
7.) ATW
ATW performance is improved. When ATW mode is set to Natural, automatic adjustment for wider brightness range when shooting outdoors is available.
8.) Matrix Adjustment
Can be put on OFF in PICTURE PROFILE SET.

Sara Jourhmane April 28th, 2013 03:50 PM

Re: Software : PMW-200 : Binary Package V1.20

1 Attachment(s)
Still in process...

David Dwyer April 28th, 2013 03:51 PM

Yeah mine took 10-15 minutes to update.

Sara Jourhmane April 28th, 2013 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done...

Mine Took slightly longer....

Jack Zhang April 28th, 2013 06:22 PM

Okay, does this mean the 200 can be a DVCAM VTR, and the EX1R cannot? Has anyone tried to record a DV stream after this update? If it still isn't possible, the 200 and the EX1R are still on a level playing field. If the 200 can record DVCAM from i.link, then we have a problem here.

Stream recording I hope only means previewing a DVCAM input, not actually recording to a card. It stumps me how there could be identical SD hardware in the EX1R and the 200 and the 200 "magically" gets "recording."

The mandatory check for each update from here on out is if the third party SWIT or Switronix batteries designed for the 100 and the 200 still work.

Robert Bale April 29th, 2013 06:34 AM

All in all a good set of updates, still want a fix for my green / blue EVF , I find its not useable at all, the old one on my ex1 is better. Why Sony why .

Rick L. Allen April 29th, 2013 06:00 PM

So do the SWIT batts. still work with this update for the PMW-200?

Daniel J. Mears April 30th, 2013 03:42 AM

Just checked one of my SWIT batteries after running the firmware upgrade yesterday and it is all working as normal.

Dan

Malcolm Hamilton April 30th, 2013 09:50 AM

Hi there,
I've downloaded this new V1.2 package, but the folder doesn't seem to include directions for installing (there's a readme but it doesn't seem to have any instructions).
Can anyone direct me to a list of the steps I need to take to update this firmware?
thanks very much,
Malcolm

Malcolm Hamilton April 30th, 2013 09:59 AM

Hi again,
I found the instructions I used in my last update... I'm pretty sure they're still good so I'll use them.
But I already have a question:
After step 5, in which I'm to copy the .bin file to an SxS card, a Note says "Do not save any files on the SxS memory card other than the update data"
My SxS card doesn't have any recorded files on it, but it does have six empty folders (Clip, Edit, General, Sub, Take and UserData) and three .XML files.
Shall I erase those files before copying the .bin firmware update file to this SxS card?
Thanks,
Malcolm

Jack Zhang May 1st, 2013 12:03 AM

You're supposed to format the card in the camera then dump the .bin to the root of the SxS card with everything still on it. If UDF doesn't work, try FAT mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel J. Mears (Post 1793339)
Just checked one of my SWIT batteries after running the firmware upgrade yesterday and it is all working as normal.

Dan

Good to hear. Everyone can update with confidence now.

Malcolm Hamilton May 1st, 2013 06:34 AM

thanks very much Jack. That's what I'll do.
Malcolm

Robert Bale May 3rd, 2013 04:35 PM

Hello all, just did the update, i think they have made a big improvement with the Auto focus , i shot a wedding yesterday , i tested it out, very happy and it worked well. I still say the EVF/ LCD need to have some colour adjusters, because what i see on the screen is not the same as the out put. Also plugged in my Small HD Monitor, and the HDMI out put was the closest to what the camera is recording.