NLE back to SxS (EX1) card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Major Player

NLE back to SxS (EX1) card

Hi,

quite often I use the EX1 (R) as a HQ Media player (via HDSDI or HDMI).

Therefore I render an EX1 MP4 file via Sony Vegas (there is a template for this) and reimport that file to an SxS Card via Sony Content Browser (xdcam browser).

Does anybody know how to send a master back to SxS (or produce an EX1 compatible mpg2.MP4) via Final Cut X?

Thanks

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: NLE back to SxS (EX1) card

Hi Uli,

Interesting. How exactly do you write footage back to a SxS card via XDCam Browser? Would be very useful so now and then.

Gabor
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Major Player

I wrote detailed instructions for the old final cut and posted them here. I would imagine it shouldn't be too hard to make it work in FCPX.

There are some oddities that took me quite a while to figure out. Things like even after you format and package the clip and put it on the card you'll have to "restore" the card for the camera to see it.

Do a search and you should find it and it should save you some time. Once you get it working you could post detailed instructions for others here on the forum.

Good luck
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Major Player

OK , hereŽs the PC way:

Export your master using vegas to mp4
(important: use EX1 Export Setting, find it in the export codecs)
((thats mpg2 in mp4 file))

Once you have the mp4 file on your harddrive , start the XDCAM Browser (now called CONTENT Browser)

Insert an SXS Card via USB reader, the cam as a reader or PCI Express Slot. The card must have been formatted via the EX1 before (there can be files on it , too)

look onto the card via Xdcam (Content) Browser.

Now go to menu , IMPORT, look for the mp4 and GO.

After the import process, youŽll find your clip on the SxS ready for playback via ex1.

Same works with 422 MXF files on a PDW700 or PMW200.
The magic thing is to exactly render out the correct file (mpg2, mp4 or mxf, audiochannels etc.)

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds