Aftermarket batteries? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PMW-300, PXW-X200, PXW-X180 (back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 4th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Major Player
Aftermarket batteries?

Are there any reliable aftermarket batteries for the EX1r? The Sony ones are mighty expensive. Thanks!
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle
Re: Aftermarket batteries?

The newest Switronix (not SWIT) 96wh battery seems really good by my standings. I also own the SWITs and the pigtail connector seems a little cheaper than the Switronix. The newest of both are compatible with the PMW-200.

One thing to note is the non-LED lamp based Anton Bauer Ultralights will cause both batteries to draw too much current, and the overcurrent protection inside the battery will trip. This abruptly shuts down both your Ultralight and your EX1R, so watch the amount of power draw that both your EX1R and your D-tap are taking.
I wait for the day cost-efficient global shutter 60fps capable CMOS sensors emerge for use on major manufacturers' cameras. (Sony, Canon, etc.) Rolling Shutters are a plague.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds