DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   sxs issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/517772-sxs-issue.html)

Jim Stamos July 14th, 2013 10:42 PM

sxs issue

shot a wedding last night with my ex1r . have never had any problems transferring clips via clip browser. had 2 32gb cards in the slots. when I connected cam to computer, it recognized clips in slot b, I saw them in viewfinder and in clip browser when I clikd on that drive.on slot a I saw those clipsin viewfinder before I hit the execute button. but the hour glass kept going and the small dot circle in the lower right hand corner of the clip browser window kept turning. any ideas, ive had no issues to this point

Jim Stamos July 14th, 2013 10:49 PM

Re: sxs issue

also, some of the clips have an orange exclamation point in the box?any idea

Chris Medico July 15th, 2013 06:09 AM

Can the camera still play them back?

Jim Stamos July 16th, 2013 01:29 AM

yes it does, they finally loaded but it took longer than normal this time, had to turn cam on again

Chris Medico July 16th, 2013 05:12 AM

Did you get a message from the camera to fix the files?

You should try to download them again now if they play in the camera.

Jim Stamos July 16th, 2013 11:51 AM

planning on doing that today and backing up on a separate drive, have another wedding this weekend , so I have to delete them.
any idea why one clip showed an orange ! ?

Alister Chapman July 17th, 2013 07:03 AM

Is it a spanned clip across two cards?

Jim Stamos July 17th, 2013 09:41 PM

no the clip is just in the middle of one card with the exclamation point on it

Al Gardner July 17th, 2013 11:03 PM

Is it possible you hit record before it was through writing?

Jim Stamos July 18th, 2013 12:08 AM

maybe al, but ive been transferring my footage off sxs cards out of my ex1r since ive had, never had an issue.
hopefully wont happen again, I love this camera and the images it produces. its made me money ever since I bought it

Al Gardner July 18th, 2013 11:02 AM

Jim,
I know what you mean. I shoot with the EX1R as well. And for the first time since I had the camera I ejected a card too early. Had 1 corrupt file. It wasn't important though I was just running a test for a live stream gig I have coming up. Still can't believe I did that.

Jim Stamos July 18th, 2013 10:46 PM

ok, heres what seems to be happening. when I connect usb cable to the camera and clip browser is open, the message comes up on the computer recognizing both slots, in my case, drive L for the A slot and Drive N for the B Slot. when I clik on the Drive L to bring clips in the little dots in lower right hand corner continue to turn but clips never go in the window. When I switch to Drive N, they load up right away. So I had to move the card from A to B to load the clips. Now I don't understand why they don't load from Slot A even though both drives are acknowledged at the beginning showing Drive L and Drive N. any solutions at all on this. just happened for the first time.