Live video transmission, any ideas. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 24th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #1
Trustee

Live video transmission, any ideas.

I have a PMW320 and was wondering how I could provide live pictures to a screen via a HDMI laptop?
I could go BNC from the camera but would prefer to go wireless some how.
Any ideas?
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Live video transmission, any ideas.

EP-WD3207 is wireless bit of latency tho
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Anthony,

Can you please elaborate on your intentions? Sounds like you want the camera video to appear live on a laptop screen? Does it have to be a laptop, or can it just be a portable monitor?

The thing with using a laptop for display is that one needs to get the video into the laptop. That means a capture device of some type, like Matrox MXO2 or BlackMagic, in addition to a wireless transmitter and received setup to get the video from camera over to laptop.

Teradek makes professional quality units for this purpose. The BOLT model transmits HDMI or HD-SDI to an HDMI or HD-SDI receiver unit. Ideal if connecting direct to a monitor/switcher/recorder, but again would need a capture device to get signal into laptop. Simple monitor seems preferable.

The Teradek CUBE will convert camera output to H.264 and transmit locally via WiFi (amongst other options), so in that case a laptop with WiFi ought to receive the signal.

Thanks
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks Bruce. I will look that up.

Jeff, sorry didnt explain myself properly.
This is an event for my local school and I was asked if i could show a live feed from my camera to a drop down screen via data projectors and Laptops
(They are sorting the data projectors and laptops)

I have to record a few interviews on the night and some of the teachers thought it would be a good idea if it could also be seen on a big screen, live as well.

Thats the plan but it might not work.
I can take a BNC out from my camera and proberaly work somethin that way if all else fails.

Thank you.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Camera Motion Research has a new camera mount box out that transmits 1920X1080 with pretty much no latency coming out (I know they have them in the shop right now) I have tested one and it works fantastic. I don't think it's on the website yet, but if you give them a call they can hook you up I'm sure. (CMR is the same company that makes the Black Bird)
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds