ANTON BAUER QR-EX3 Gold Mount Adapter for the Sony PMW-EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Inner Circle

ANTON BAUER QR-EX3 Gold Mount Adapter for the Sony PMW-EX3

Does anyone know if this adaptor is okay also for the original PMW-EX1. The battery profile will be okay. What concerns me is the voltage. I understand the EX1 and EX3 were essentially very similar but there may be power-handling differences.

I do not want to risk incinerating the EX1. I have with two Anton Bauer Hytron 50 batteries, for the SI2K. It would be convenient to be able to use these also for events with longer running times and also feed power off to a separate recorder.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

Re: ANTON BAUER QR-EX3 Gold Mount Adapter for the Sony PMW-EX3

AB batts work great with the EX cams they are the right voltage and run off the D-tap. Or as I do with my shoulder kit from an internal cable that leaves the D-tap open for lights recorders etc.

Check my EX1 kits out:
EX1 Tripod plate
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: ANTON BAUER QR-EX3 Gold Mount Adapter for the Sony PMW-EX3

The day I bought my EX3 is the same day I bought the AB Gold Mount Adapter. Nothing beats working all day off of one Dionic and powering whatever I need with the D-tap! Whether it's an on board light or my Nanoflash. Never had a problem with the adapter at all! Can not imagine it to be any problem with the EX1.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds