PMW-300 Questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: PMW-300 Questions

The PMW-300 will NOT do 1080/50P. The sensor is not capable of being read at 1080 50fps or 60fps, so no 50P/60P XAVC unfortunately.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM   #17
Major Player

Well since the heading is questions.... a bit mundane perhaps but:
I would really like a hard case for my PMW 300. There may be significant travel in the coming future months for me. I have with the exception of my FS100 which is in a Pelican unassembled when I travel, always had a hard case. From back to my Ikegami to my DVX100 to HMC 150. The past ones were by Thermodyne and were excellent and fit the "carry-on" regs. Often in some areas where I travel, I have to "sky check" or leave carry on as I board the small plane for placement in the compartment. They then hand carry it off and put it on a rack for pick up and you leave the plane. The Thermodyne cases were excellent and always allowed instant use of the camera if you needed it and super protection. I hate pick and pluck and the velco partitions are also a pain. I don't like the dust that accumulates in the pick and pluck foam either and found the Thermodyne much denser.
My other question is when will we see the Sony Cloud and CBK-WA100, how much will it cost? I would like to know if there is a business case for freelance news and events shooters with this unit and system or is it beamed a networks with deeper pockets. The only thing around is a video from last years NAB. It appears to be something like what TeraDek offers but with only one wireless stick port.

Last edited by Brian Murphy; March 2nd, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Brian Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
The PMW-300 will NOT do 1080/50P. The sensor is not capable of being read at 1080 50fps or 60fps, so no 50P/60P XAVC unfortunately.
This is bad news...real shame because the cam is a joy to use (I bought one in mid-January) and this would have been great for shots intended for slow motion/those that shoot sport.

Ah well, my search for the perfect cam that can do everything I want still continues...(and I doubt it will end anytime soon). In the meantime I'll just use the cams I have to the best of my ability.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 01:00 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks Alister.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds