DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   computer screen capture software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/522054-computer-screen-capture-software.html)

Jim Stamos March 5th, 2014 08:45 PM

computer screen capture software

doing a corporate video with voiceover, showing actions on computer screen. any good softwares out there that will not show a degrading image. some that ive tried have horrible quality. filming the computer screen is weak.
thanks
jim

Tim Lewis March 6th, 2014 12:26 AM

Re: computer screen capture software

Mac: iShowU
Windows: Camtasia

Finn Yarbrough March 6th, 2014 05:57 PM

If you have a Mac, Quicktime will do this (but without recording audio). Open Quicktime and select File>New Screen Recording.

Bill Rankin March 6th, 2014 06:22 PM

I use Adobe Captivate 6 .0 There's a little bit of a learning curve but definitely well worth it.

Don Bloom March 6th, 2014 10:51 PM

+1 for Camtasia. Very easy learning curve and to use.

Les Wilson March 7th, 2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn Yarbrough (Post 1835425)
If you have a Mac, Quicktime will do this (but without recording audio). Open Quicktime and select File>New Screen Recording.

Quicktime on the Mac is built-in and also does audio recording. You can choose audio inputs so external mic can be used. I use it often to record presentations. Even videos in presentations are recorded. The overall frame rate is a function of the resolution of the area you record and performance of your system.

Mark Watson March 7th, 2014 09:08 AM

I've been using Microsoft Expression Encoder. The free version has a 10 minute recording limit, then you have to hit record button again.

Mark

Malcolm Hamilton March 7th, 2014 11:06 AM

I use Telestream's ScreenFlow. Got it because I like their Episode conversion software.
Worth checking at least:

Screen Recording Software - Overview - Telestream ScreenFlow

Regards, Malcolm

Jim Stamos March 8th, 2014 01:40 PM

tring camtasia demo out, very easy, do not need audio. quality as an avi decent. doesn't show the cursor. are all capture softwares similar in that they don't show the cursor on the final copy?

Bob Jackson March 8th, 2014 03:38 PM

There used to be a screen capture in EXCam browser or one of the associated apps.

Mark Watson March 8th, 2014 06:56 PM

Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 gives you the option to capture the cursor.

Mark