EX3 best recomended lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX3 best recomended lenses

After some years of using my EX3 with the standard (and excellent) stock lens, I'm ready to explore Nikkor, Canon or whatever options the experts outside best recommend, using off course an adapter for the purpose.... any nice recommendation (not very expensive) would be greatly appreciated....

Regards
Old December 6th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: EX3 best recomended lenses

I have always been happy with Nikon lenses and an MTFservices adapter on the EX3. I currently use the Nikon 80-400 zoom. The reason is that MTF makes adapters that still have a manual iris adjustment, and the Nikon lenses can be adjusted with it. I don't think Canon lenses offer that option.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique Orozco Robles View Post
After some years of using my EX3 with the standard (and excellent) stock lens, I'm ready to explore Nikkor, Canon or whatever options the experts outside best recommend, using off course an adapter for the purpose.... any nice recommendation (not very expensive) would be greatly appreciated....

Regards

Just keep in mind that you won't see any advantage at all with any SLR lens between 5mm and 85mm.
Old December 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Major Player

Also remember you can use the 1/2 zoom lens adapter included in the kit and mount Canon or Fuji professional ENG lenses on the camera. If you want to go whole hog, you can even mount a Fuji adapter that will power the zoom on the ENG lens.

If you're looking to upgrade the glass (and the EX-3 glass is not that bad) I'd recommend seriously looking at ENG over still photo lenses.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I have used on my PMW-300 the Canon KH10ex3.6 eng lens with Canon adapter and stopped using the stock lens. The Canon lens brings the EX3, PMW-300 to a different level. You have excellent control, amazing optics, super wide when needed and 2x extender.

Check out my ad in the classified with this lens for sale. At the price I am selling it is hard to beat. As Doug says, no SLR lens will even come close to the performance and optics.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #6
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ward View Post
If you're looking to upgrade the glass (and the EX-3 glass is not that bad) I'd recommend seriously looking at ENG over still photo lenses.
I absolutely agree with Bill and Paul.
When I had an EX3 I owned a Fujinon HSs18x5.5 and it was fantastic. A whole different camera with that lens. Not in terms of image quality so much, but in terms of ergonomics, smooth zooming, fast focusing, etc. there is no comparison. Well worth the investment if you are serious about having a really good camera.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds