PXW-X160 and PXW-X180 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 7th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: PXW-X160 and PXW-X180

Dave thanks so much for that clarification of the objective you have when optimizing the settings on your X180. I currently shoot with the FS700R and the X180. However the FS700R has 4K capability now with my Odyssey Q7 external recorder.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #17
Major Player

Yes, I went through a period when all my clients started asking for extra cameras. I used to have my cameras set up individually with what I thought were really pleasing profiles, but when I started having to add more/different cameras (typically when a client would walk in 10 minutes before we had to roll and ask for a second or third angle) having the various models of cameras matching each other became more important than getting the nicest image out of each one. Depending on the lighting, I still may have a bit of trouble with a salmon or pink outfit, but over time I've worked to minimize those issues. I now routinely bring a couple of extra cameras to most shoots, knowing that I am likely to need one or both of them (and of course be able to get a small bump in the kit fee.) One other thing I've begun doing is carrying a BMD Ultra Studio Mini Recorder thunderbolt adapter to plug into a Macbook Pro with Scope Box installed. I carry the computer for transfers anyhow, and the tiny BMD adapter lets me use the computer as an additional client monitor without having to carry an extra one. ScopeBox software allows me to get a big picture on the computer screen, or have an image plus waveform and vectorscope windows.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #18
New Boot

Thanks for the input Dave.
David Helmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #19
Major Player

I also use the BMD (Blackmagic Design) UltraStudio SDI USB 3.0 (connected to Dell XPS laptop) to pipe the X180 into the PC via the SDI. The X180 then becomes the primary camera for the live broadcast. Livestream Studio 3.0 is the software acting as the broadcast switcher to the Internet TV Channel.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 05:21 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Re: PXW-X160 and PXW-X180 blue tinge LED LIGHTS

Hi guys

OK something is going on here with the X160 not colour matching up with my Canon XF305.

My experience with matching a Sony EX1 and the 305 was fine, in fact you couldn't pick them apart and it was only when in super low light that the EX shone out.

I am filming at 3200K for theater shows yet the X160 is making purple light look blue and the general look is very cold and often washed out. I had the exact same issue at another venue on a different night.

Yes LED's are an issue but the XF305 is handeling it fine in comparison

Could it be a "kneeing" setting?

Maybe I need to go for say a 4000k white balance.

I will also do a factory reset.

Please help otherwise this camera is no good to me! Sounds drastic but the pics are looking awful

On the positive the pics are razor sharp. Just the colours that are weird.

Last edited by Martin Duffy; December 8th, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
Martin Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:02 AM   #21
Tourist

Hi, I'm new on this forum, and french ! So please be tolerant with my english ..

I own 2cameras: Sony HVR-Z7 and PXW-X160
On the Z7, I can easily save and reload personalized profiles on the "service" card.

On the X160, hav'nt found any menu or sub menu to do the same on the SD "service" card.
Does anyone know how to proceed, oris it just impossible ?

Thanks in advance.
Looking forward your replies.
Regards
Yves
Yves Bonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:37 AM   #22
Trustee

Hi Yves,
So you go-
Menu
File
All File
Then you have options of- "Load SD card" or "Store SD Card"
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:45 AM   #23
Trustee

It defaults to saving with the date and time you save, but you can rename the camera file anything you want. I believe it saves the entire camera profile, possibly not the network settings, but I cannot recall.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #24
Tourist

Hi Gerald and Paul
Thanks for your replies. I'll do that next week and be back to you with results.
Enjoy your week-end
See you
Yves
Yves Bonnet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds