DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   X160 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/528725-x160.html)

Robert Bale June 10th, 2015 09:07 PM

X160

2 Attachment(s)
Hey who can tell me whats going on, I seem to be getting the in a lot of footage with this new camera, its only on some skin types, it looks red and pink ? and yet with the B roll from the x70 the footage look prefect.

Paul Anderegg June 11th, 2015 07:00 AM

Re: X160

I was not happy with the stock colors, so I pointed my X180 at my DSC chart and calibrated it with a vectorscope. Much prettier and more accurate colors. Sounds like you have a magenta hue.......turn on the vectorscope on the LCD and point at something white and see if it's a white balance inaccuracy or if your red color is off kilter.

Paul

Robert Bale June 12th, 2015 07:27 AM

Hi, I don't have a chart 😞 but is there any chance you could email me the settings, I tried picture file, from some sent me, but I couldn't get it to load. Any help would be grateful , as I have had a play with the settings but I just seem to make it worse, it's really bad on people with red hair, and super white skin, tones there faces look pink/red but in different light sometimes it's ok.strange

Paul Anderegg June 12th, 2015 11:36 AM

While I work on getting those settings out of the camera (OMG, 50 menu button pushes, each one takes 20 seconds!), try adjusting the master phase in the matrix. If I swivel that setting to and fro, I can make a red fire engine go from purple/pink (magenta) to orange. :)

Paul

Robert Bale June 13th, 2015 07:02 AM

Ok I'll have a look ta.

Paul Anderegg June 13th, 2015 11:32 AM

Try these ITU-709 settings, not sure if you are on that setting or on an HG version. These would only work well with the ITU-709 menu.

MATRIX ON PRESET 2

MULTI MATRIX ON
B: +6/ 0
MG -: -10/ 0
R: -15/ 0
YL: -33/ 0
G-: -99/+75
CY: +14/+99

Those are my second round of charting on my X180. I have been pleased enough with them in the night and day shooting to not spend the time to find a more accurate calibration. Basically, the colors with adjustments were done to move the vectorscope arm of said color in the direction it should be, and stretch it so that it was equally balanced with the other colors.

You can toggle the MULTI MATRIX on/off to see the changes while pointing the camera at something colorful, especially something giving you hue problems. I suggest doing a push to white to get kelvin, then setting your PRESET WB to that kelvin figure. Push to white is problematic with anything other than direct sunshine or direct tungsten lighting. For weird LED lighting, push to white can be your friend.

Paul

Robert Bale June 15th, 2015 07:26 AM

Yeh,thanks, that push to auto white is strange, but good tip.