What can I do with S&Q? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 4th, 2015, 02:20 AM   #1
Trustee

What can I do with S&Q?

I set S&Q to 1P, to see if I could get a 1 second exposure for very ow light situations. Well, it worked, got a full 1 second, which is a lot better than 16 frame accumulation in 60p mode. So I shot some scenes, looked great in the viewfinder. When stopping recording, the camera gave an error to the effect that the recording was too short. Ingested into FCPX and when placed on the timeline, they are just single still images a couple of frames in duration. So, is there any way to take advantage of this cool 64 frame SLS equivalent mode, like get it to play back as if it were shot normal with 1/1th shutter?

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 03:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: What can I do with S&Q?

Decrease the recording frame rate is all I can really say. Record the final output in 30p instead of 60p, cause the clip will end up being too short if it's recording in 60p. Avoid 24p as that will cause frame rate conversion headaches.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 03:56 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: What can I do with S&Q?

I figured it out! I went to modify/retime/custom, speed in FCPX and typed 2%. :-)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds