DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   PXW-X180 SDI Output not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/530319-pxw-x180-sdi-output-not-working.html)

Wayne Bjorge November 11th, 2015 06:10 PM

PXW-X180 SDI Output not working

Two of our three pxw-x180's have this problem with the SDI output not working. In the shop now, hope to find out soon if it is an easy fix.

Paul Anderegg November 13th, 2015 09:29 AM

Re: PXW-X180 SDI Output not working

Have you tried a full camera reset, to ensure a deep hidden menu item or function is not disabling the SDI? You'd be surprised at how things work on these cameras. If you enable knee saturation in the knee menu, your black gamma menu is then greyed out. Took me weeks to figure out why my black gamma was not working, and I really like having blown out police lights retain their color. :(

Paul

Wayne Bjorge November 19th, 2015 08:27 AM

Yes we went through all of the menus at least a dozen times. And we did a factory reset.

Both cameras are in the shop, they have ordered new boards (not sure which ones, but I am assuming SDI output). Of course they are back ordered. I had to rent two cameras last weekend and now have to rent them again for this weekends work.

Wayne Bjorge December 8th, 2015 07:59 AM

My two cameras are still in the shop waiting for parts. It has been four weeks now. Does anyone know who to contact at Sony that could help me speed this up?

Jack Zhang December 8th, 2015 07:49 PM

You could contact Fusion Cine. They're a Sony shop in Vancouver. They ship in parts as well.

Paul Anderegg December 12th, 2015 12:40 AM

When I sent my X180 into Sony.......multiple times, I was able to get the person who answered the phone to put me in direct phone and email contact with the tech who was hands on repairing my camera.

Paul

Wayne Bjorge December 14th, 2015 08:31 AM

Jack, they were in at the Fusion Cine shop in Vancouver. Gary was fantastic with communication and kept me informed through the whole process. The back ordered parts arrived early last week and he had the cameras working again the next day. We used them this weekend and they worked great.

Of course I am not happy with the amount of time that it took to get those parts, but I do not know why it took over 4 weeks to get them? I would like to talk to a Sony rep to find out why my cameras were down for so long?

Jack Zhang December 14th, 2015 12:25 PM

They're direct order from Japan is likely the reason why. They only do expedited shipping if you ask, so...

My microphone was delayed cause it was ground shipping from the east coast and storms delayed the shipment.