PXW-X180 SDI Output not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 11th, 2015, 06:10 PM   #1
New Boot

PXW-X180 SDI Output not working

Two of our three pxw-x180's have this problem with the SDI output not working. In the shop now, hope to find out soon if it is an easy fix.
Wayne Bjorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: PXW-X180 SDI Output not working

Have you tried a full camera reset, to ensure a deep hidden menu item or function is not disabling the SDI? You'd be surprised at how things work on these cameras. If you enable knee saturation in the knee menu, your black gamma menu is then greyed out. Took me weeks to figure out why my black gamma was not working, and I really like having blown out police lights retain their color. :(

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 08:27 AM   #3
New Boot

Yes we went through all of the menus at least a dozen times. And we did a factory reset.

Both cameras are in the shop, they have ordered new boards (not sure which ones, but I am assuming SDI output). Of course they are back ordered. I had to rent two cameras last weekend and now have to rent them again for this weekends work.

Last edited by Wayne Bjorge; November 19th, 2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added to the reply
Old December 8th, 2015, 07:59 AM   #4
New Boot

My two cameras are still in the shop waiting for parts. It has been four weeks now. Does anyone know who to contact at Sony that could help me speed this up?
Old December 8th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #5
Inner Circle

You could contact Fusion Cine. They're a Sony shop in Vancouver. They ship in parts as well.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 12:40 AM   #6
Trustee

When I sent my X180 into Sony.......multiple times, I was able to get the person who answered the phone to put me in direct phone and email contact with the tech who was hands on repairing my camera.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 08:31 AM   #7
New Boot

Jack, they were in at the Fusion Cine shop in Vancouver. Gary was fantastic with communication and kept me informed through the whole process. The back ordered parts arrived early last week and he had the cameras working again the next day. We used them this weekend and they worked great.

Of course I am not happy with the amount of time that it took to get those parts, but I do not know why it took over 4 weeks to get them? I would like to talk to a Sony rep to find out why my cameras were down for so long?
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #8
Inner Circle

They're direct order from Japan is likely the reason why. They only do expedited shipping if you ask, so...

My microphone was delayed cause it was ground shipping from the east coast and storms delayed the shipment.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds