Dynacore-DS-U77B on a PMW-300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 26th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Dynacore-DS-U77B on a PMW-300

Hi, everyone,

Global Media Pro assure me that they work perfectly with the 300, but just checking to see if anyone has experienced good or otherwise.

Cheers,

David
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 05:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Dynacore-DS-U77B on a PMW-300

No experience here with the Dynacore Dave. There are a number of posts around the web and here where some folks have had problems on some Sony cams with non Sony BPU series batteries.

Videocraft spent a fair amount of time checking a variety of brands of BPU type batteries as customers wanted something cheaper that a) wasn't going to void warranty and b) and that wasn't going to reset the camera back to the region / zone menu as was the case with FS5's and FS7's. I believe the latest Swit batteries are okay but I know some of the earlier ones did have issues as mentioned on previous DVInfo posts..

After Videocraft's pretty extensive hunt and testing of batteries that communicated correctly with the Sony voltage coder/decoder chips in the cameras they ended up selling, and felt safe to do so, the Jupio series of BPU batteries from the Netherlands. 74.9Wh, so like the Dynacore virtually 35% higher rating than the original Sony BP-U60s. Made in China like everything else but built to the Netherlands spec.

Jupio Batteries & Chargers | Power to the World

Put the hard word on Videocraft or even Dragon Image and you should be able to pick them up for around AU$225.00 each. I see Globalmediapro want something like AU44.00 shipping for one and AU$60.00 for two. AU$202.00 plus $44.00 for one works out more than the Jupio units. No D-Tap on the Jupio units though. Local warranty and support was the most important thing for me.

I and a few shooters I know are using them on. EX3, PMW-300, FS5 and FS7 with no problems so far. I've had mine for six months now on the FS7 and touch wood all good as they say.

If you go with the Dynacore batteries keep us posted. Would be very interested to see if there are other batteries that will do the job. D-Tap and USB would be useful features.

P.S. EDIT!

Just checked on the Dynacore site re these batteries and they mention applicable cameras such as: SONY PMW-EX1/3/F3, PMW100/200,PMW-EX280, PXW-FS7, PXW-X160/180, etc. but NO mention of the PMW-300??

http://www.dynacore-battery.com/productshow.asp?id=198

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Attached Thumbnails
Dynacore-DS-U77B on a PMW-300-20161026_222925.jpg  

Last edited by Christopher Young; October 26th, 2016 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Additional info
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi David, I have two Dynacore and i use them with pmw-200 and PXW-X200 and sometimes with the FS5 and I think you'll have no problem using it with the 300!
Sometimes the camera gives "battery error" and i simply take it off and on again and it works immediately!
I must say it doesn't happen too often,even if it's annoying because sometimes you need to switch to on and shoot something rapidly and the camera gives error! but really not a big deal! it have a lot on the plus side like dtap,usb and duration of the battery it self and...price vs sony's battery.
Regrds
Samer
Old October 31st, 2016, 06:20 PM   #4
Inner Circle

You can get around having to power cycle the camera if your camera has a DC IN located outside the battery compartment (Sorry PMW-100, PMW-200 and PXW-X200 users) that keeps the camera powered using the battery from a D-tap to DC IN (for SWITs with D-taps) while you plug the battery in and out a couple of times to remedy the battery error.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds